Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Great News

Super Excited. My second son made it into our local magnet school. It is the same one our oldest son goes to. When the economy went south, magnet school applications soared. People took their children out of private schools and tried to get them into the magnet schools here in Montgomery. We were extremely worried. I asked the secretary how many applications they received last year, 900. Can you believe it? Nine hundred applications for eighty spots. Incredible.

For those of you who are not from here, our local schools are hit and miss. The school we are zoned for is a definite miss. The last time I checked it was failing and had one assault and two weapons found at an elementary school. Needless to say, we were not going to send any of our children to there. We decided if they did not get in I would homeschool. I am so excited though that he will be able to attend with his older brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment