Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Little Things

Lately, we have started to view the economy differently. Because of this, we have had to reassess our own view of finances. I talked about this earlier when I started to write again. As I go through my day, I think about the little things that I do that cost money. Can I change those things? I feel that I can as long as I stay aware. What are the little things that I am doing?

1.) Not throwing away leftovers. By being clever, I can usually find something to do with leftovers.
2.) Turning off lights when I leave the room
3.) Turning down the thermostat - Do I really need to be able to sit in my underwear in the middle of winter?
4.) Using what is in the freezer - It might have a weird taste, but I'm not vomiting. That's a good sign. Seriously, I am not going to the extreme. Look through the freezer and see what lovely creation is in the back.
5.) Monitoring my soda intake - Notice I didn't say give up totally. I'm not crazy!
6.) Using my time at home wisely - cooking from scratch and using food storage
7.) Ebaying extra stuff
8.) Watching the pennies, turn into nickels, then to dimes, on to quarters, and miracle upon miracle many dollars

I feel that by concentrating on the little things I will be able to accomplish my goals. I am very excited about the future and feel that by continuing to do these things I will be able to reach my ultimate goal.What are the little things you are doing? Share and teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment