Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'm Back!

What has happened since May 2009. My son was born and life has been a whirlwind. I am now on the frugal train once again and want to use this blog to talk about what I'm doing personally each day to "pay down my mortgage". Join me on this journey. Today's task is going through the attic to find things to sale at my local consignment sale for children's clothes. I have already consigned at two sales so far. Hopefully, they will go well.

Paying Down the Mortage Update:

We are now at 139,900. HOORAY! We bought this house a little over 3 years ago for 188, 000 so I am really excited about how far we have come. My goal is to still contribute as much as possible but with the economy many changes have come to my little household. We have had to contribute personal money to keep my other business afloat, my husband's business has seen a downturn, and medical bills abound! I feel blessed to have the savings to be able to handle these issues, but at the same time frustrated that the mortgage has been put on the back burner. It is time to "sock" it to the mortgage and get out from under the mortgage. This blog will serve as a reminder that what I do each day contributes to the overall picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment