Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Saving Sunday

Today, I used a recipe out of the All You magazine for banana muffins. The muffins worked out to be .22 apiece, but I wasn't really all that impressed. Next time I will add some free pecans from my pecan trees to add a little crunch. By using this recipe, I was able to use up some free bananas and some food storage items. They were very healthy. Overall, it has been a really lazy day. Hoping you guys are resting as much as I am. Tomorrow, I will be on to another consignment sale. YEAH! This is the last one. It is hard to get all of this together and keep the house and laundry done so I am glad that this is the last one.

On another note, we went to the rummage sale on Friday night. I scored about 6 pairs of sandal for my little girl for $6.00 and a lot of books. My husband is fairly sure that one of the books we purchased A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is an original edition. It is in excellent condition. When we looked up the book on the internet we found an edition in worse condition than ours for $2725. Not bad for a $1.00 book. This is all very exciting. I used to teach this book when I taught school, and my husband read my paperback copy. We both loved the book so much we thought it would nice to have a hardback copy. Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed we would have purchased an original edition. I am trying to convince him to sale it to add to our new mortgage total. I don't know that I am going to have much luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment