Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gratituesday - My First

I have been a regular follower over at Heavenly Homemakers for quite some time.  I love the recipes but especially the upbeat attitude of Laura and more recently, her husband Matt.  I am so excited to share for the first time there.  After all, we all have so much to be thankful for.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

My husband and I have always wanted to buy the duplex next door to us.  One, the owner does not keep the property up, and it has been inhabited by the homeless before (thankfully before we bought this house).  No one in our neighborhood could remember the last time someone lived there. Recently, the house went into foreclosure and was given to a local realtor.  I called and called and could not get any answers.  Finally after getting the realtor on the phone, he told me that it had been given to a charity since the house itself was in bad need of repair.

One day we received a call out of the blue and basically a representative of the charity wanted to know how much we were willing to pay. Today, we got the property for an extremely low price.  We feel so blessed.  This will greatly increase the amount of land we have with our house.  We are looking forward to a trampoline in the backyard and a garden has already been planned.  This will be our little homestead in the middle of the big city.  God is good!

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment