Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year Resolutions

This year is my year to utilize this blog more.  I started it so I could keep track of recipes and possibly meet new people who share some of the same interests I do.  I will be focusing on certain areas this year and I hope that by posting here I can be held accountable for successes and failures.  Here we go!

Time Management

1. Utilize my calendar more and document tasks

Health

1. Continue weight watchers online
2. Run at least 15 miles a week
3. Get my teeth cleaned and checked by a dentist (a strange one) but I haven't been to one since my little girl was born almost 5 years ago
4. Eat 5 fruits and veggies a day

Family

1. Read the scriptures with the children each day
2. Read classics with the children each day
3. Slow down and relax with them more - play board games, draw and color with them, play basketball with the older ones.
Does anyone feel that household chores take up most of the day so that by the time you can sit down you are so exhausted the last thing you want to do is play?  I would like my children to remember me as a mom that plays with them.  This is the year I hope to correct this.
4. Let my husband know how much I appreciate what he does for us daily.

Financial

1. Refinance my mortgage
2. Try and make at least an extra $150 to pay towards mortgage
3. Save for braces and boost our savings
4. Do 10%, 10%, 10%, and 70% plan.  More to come later
5. Stick with a budget

Personal
1. Read scriptures daily (15 minutes)
2. Read 2 books a month
3. Learn one new homemaking skill a month - More to come later

This list looks daunting.  I hope by posting here anyone stopping by can let me know when I am veering off track.  I am looking forward to creating memories this year.  Let's do this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment