Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Works for Me

I am going to share a secret with you.  I recently ran out of face cream.  I have incredibly dry skin and I do not go anywhere without skin cream.  I started looking through a catalog and the prices for the items I needed would run $76.00.  When I shared this with my husband, his response was that he doesn't wear skin cream, do you really need it?

After forgiving him for his ignorance on this matter, I decided to see if I could find a more inexpensive option.  I lucked up on this recipe and I love it.  It makes a huge amount for a total of $4.15.  Can you believe it?  It made so much I put a Tbsp in an old skin care container and the leftovers in a huge Tupperware bowl.

1 jar of Vaseline
1 Bottle of Cocoa Butter Baby Lotion
1 Jar of Vitamin E

Put in a huge bowl and use a hand held mixer to mix.  For $4.15, I can slather this on every hour of the day.  Let me tell you though; this stuff is powerful.  I have gone 24 hours without reapplying.  Folks, this is a miracle.  I usually have to apply moisturizer at least three times a day.

I bought my items at Dollar General, and I just bought the store brand.  I hope you love it as much as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment